Nowadays, GATE exam is being taken up by many students with the intention to continue their post-graduation course in reputed institutes in India so that they will be able to get placement in top-rated organizations not only in India, but also abroad.
The GATE exam is conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institute of Technology on behalf of the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRM) of India.
Eligibility criteria for appearing to GATE exam:
To apply to the GATE exam, the students should have the following eligibility:
- The candidate should be a bachelor degree holder in Architecture/Technology/Engineering and even pre-final and final year students doing these degree courses can also apply.
- The candidate should have completed the degree course in 10+2 and four year degree course pattern.
- Master degree holders in any branch of Mathematics/Computer Applications/Statistics/Science or other equivalent branches and candidates in the pre-final year and final year of these courses can also apply.
- Candidates in the second year or more than second year of the four year integrated Master degree course in Technology/Engineering or in the third or more than third year of five year integrated Master degree course or candidates doing dual degree program can also apply for GATE.
- Candidates with credentials got through examinations conducted by professional societies which are recognized by AICTE/UPSC and those who have completed section A of such professional courses can also apply for the GATE exam. For instance the candidates who have received credentials from AMICE by Indian Institute of Civil Engineering and AMIE by Institute of Engineering can apply.
The GATE exam result is valid for two years and because of this even student in the pre-final or final year of the degree courses are allowed to apply for the GATE exam. This will enable the students to get admission to post-graduation program as soon as they finish the degree course.